Greening Up Brevard One Piece at a Time
Your Cart is Empty
Click here to try again
Thank you for your business!You should be receiving an order confirmation from Paypal shortly.Exit Shopping Cart
WE HIGHLY RECOMMEND YOU HIRE A LAWN CARE PROFESSIONAL AS THESE ARE ONLY SUGGESTIONS AND WE ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR THE OUTCOME OF YOUR SOD.
Prior to Delivery Day:
- Be sure the area has been prepared by removing all of the old sod and be sure to expose the soil.
- Is the irrigation working properly? Be sure to inspect all your zones prior to installation. Watering all areas will be crucial and start immediately after installation.
- Plan on applying insecticides/fungicide combination within 48 hours and once again in a week. These applications are crucial June thru October.
- Week 1
- Irrigate daily at least 1-2 times for 20-40 minutes each time. Shaded areas once may be enough, as these only suggestions and every lawn condition is different.
- Carefully monitor the lawn for insects and disease damage (brown patches or chewing on leaves)
- At the end of the week apply insecticide/fungicide combination. Retail stores carry the products but you might want to consider using a lawn care professional until you lawn is fully establish.
- Week 2
- You can begin to reduce the irrigation cycles by half and by the end of the week you can go back to regular watering schedule
- You can mow your lawn at this point (it should be well rooted by now)
- Week 3
- Your lawn should not require any fertilizer for at least 2 months after installation. We recommend slow release fertilizers, and this can be best determined by your lawn care professional.
- Mowing and irrigation should be on regular schedule at this point.